Developing our St JV Pedagogy (Teaching and Learning : T&L Strategies)
and Core Curriculum:
Our ‘Curriculum Guide’, first developed in developed in 2018 and developed each year, provides T&L guidance for staff, bringing:
- consistency and high quality Teaching and Learning strategies
- ensures a high quality and consistent learning experience for all pupils as they move through the school
- is created by our staff as we develop our curriculum and pedagogy
- reflects the best of T&L research from across the world
- helps to raise standards for all across the school.
St John Vianney Curriculum Handbook August 2021: Click this link to download a copy. Please note this is a working document, specific to our learning community.
Our Learning And Teaching Core Strategies Cards (January 2018), forms part of our curriculum and central to the schools T&L strategy. This forms a central part of our Curriculum Guide, bringing consistency in T&L practice across the school. These have been developed in consultation with our Staff and Pupil Council, based upon best practice in education. Influences include Shirley Clark’s , ‘Outstanding Formative Assessment’, Professor John Haddie’s, ‘Visible Learning’ and Carol Dweck’s, ‘Growth Mindset’; all leading edge education research and strategy.
Ask your child about these strategies and how they use them in class, especially our very own, ‘S2S‘!!
Learning and Teaching Core Strategies Cards
We will continue to evaluate and build on these cards and strategies as we further engage with research and strive to provide high, quality consistent practice for our pupils.